Tuesday, April 9, 2013

20 Weeks!

Officially half way through my pregnancy! Now I just have to prepare myself for the second half during a Texas summer! Oh boy!

Over the last week I can feel little Ava moving a lot more... It is pretty amazing. I can't wait for Cody to be able to feel her moving too! My sleep has gotten better since my Mom sent me the most amazing pillow in the world!!!! The morning sickness hasn't settled down at all, but Zofran is a life saver! It gets me through my work days and meals. I read a few interesting things in some of the baby books that I need to keep in mind... 1) If we start talking to the baby now, when she is born she will recognize our voices, how cool is that! (Cody has been doing this since we found out <3) and 2) From this point on, the baby can actually taste different foods I eat because she is swallowing the amniotic fluid. This week little Ava is enjoying lots of pineapple, celery and peanut butter and cheese!

Cody and I have been very busy looking for a bigger place to move. We have found some wonderful condos around his parents house! I can't wait to settle in so I can start on the nursery. We have also been busy registering for baby girl. As of right now we have registered at: Babies R Us and Pottery Barn Kids.... Let me tell you, this is VERY overwhelming! Being new parents, we have no idea what the heck we are doing. Luckily we have some great friends who have helped to guide us! We have also been busy planning our wedding ceremony! We decided to do a small ceremony with family in July, then we will have a big reception next year with all of our extended family and friends!

We still have a million things we need to do like, sign up for a birthing class, find a new baby safe car (we are thinking a Tahoe or something similar in size), start a college fund for baby Ava...continue to budget and save for my maternity leave and adding an additional love bug to our family, think about a nanny for when we are both back at work/school.... the list goes on forever... Luckily we have the most supportive parents and grandparents in the world!!!! We are so grateful for everything they are doing for us!! We honestly couldn't ask for more love and support through this incredible journey! We love you guys!!!!!!

We are also So excited to be taking a trip to CA in May for my California baby shower! Cody and I will be flying out Thursday May 23rd and flying home Monday May 27th. I can't wait to see everyone! It will be especially exciting to see my family because they have not seen me since we found out we were expecting!!

So as you can tell, we are busy, busy, busy!!!

Here is a link from BabyCenter that updates me on my weekly progress:

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-20-weeks_1109.bc?intcmp=timeline

And of course some new pics!:

A few things that Cody picked up for his baby girl:

My growing belly:



Emilee (auntie to be) and I showing belly vs no belly :)

Cody and his brother Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment