Thursday, May 9, 2013

6 Months!!

I am finally off bed rest! What a relief, bed rest is terrible!!! I finally got the OK to return to "modified regular" activity... meaning, try to stay off my feet whenever possible. This has been working out just fine for me. I can go to work (I am back part time), run a few errands, and do light chores around the house. Naturally, after a scare like I had, I am super duper sensitive to anything that feels "weird". For example, yesterday (on my birthday, go figure lol) I was having weird pains throughout the night so first thing in the morning I decided to let my doctor know and see what she thought was going on. She said that I was dehydrated, and needed to drink lots of fluid and take it easy... apparently my day in the sun the day before wasn't the best idea! It was amazing how spot on she was... after a few hours of rehydrating, I was feeling like a new woman! Other than that, I am feeling great, and my little princess is doing great as well! She is moving and kicking all the time.... let me tell you, she is a strong little thing!!

Cody and I have finally finished registering for our showers. (thank you so much to Colette and my Mom for throwing us one in CA and Cody's Aunt Aimee and Grandma BB, for putting on our Texas one. I am more than excited!!) Luckily, I had help registering from my amazing friend Allie who has a little one of her own! She was truly a lifesaver!

I can't wait until our trip out to CA.... We already have so much planned! We are having a shower.... Cody and my dad will be going golfing in Bodega while my mom, Kelly and I have a girls day of shopping!... And we will be packing up my storage units and shipping them to TX for when Cody and I move into our new apartment on June 12th!

Besides baby girl coming, Cody and I are so excited to be planning our wedding ceremony.... Kelly (my soon to be mom-in-law) should really consider quitting her job and becoming a wedding planner! She is unbelievable! I can honestly say I am blessed to have her in my life! Kelly and Blaine ( my in laws-to-be) have graciously offered to let us have the ceremony at their house... on top of that Kelly and her friends have been busy,busy, busy shopping and planning for our special day! It is going to be absolutely perfect!  

Here are some pictures of my growing baby bump and birthday day at the zoo =)


Today at the San Antonio Zoo




Birthday dinner at Sushi


Here is Cody with our new "baby ready" SUV!!!!




Heidi and myself... She is 2 months ahead of me! 

Comparing belly buttons lol


24 Weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

How your life's changing:

In the past few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball. Most women have a glucose screening test (also called a glucose challenge test or GCT) between now and 28 weeks. This test checks for gestational diabetes, a pregnancy-related high-blood-sugar condition.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cara! Great update :-) I was hoping you could answer my question about your blog whenever you get a free second! I'm Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete